This is what we offer you, among other things
A more than competitive salary, because we want to go far for new acquisitions.
A annual contract, followed by a contract for an indefinite period.
Of course a reimbursement for your travel expenses. Whether you come by car or train.
A bonus scheme in the form of an extra monthly salary, if profit targets are achieved.
A brand new laptop, and a smartphone from the company (of your choice, of course).
Working from Alphen aan den Rijn with 2 fixed home working days on Tuesday and Thursday.
A budget and 5 days for following courses of your choice.
Every office day you enjoy a (free) extensive lunch buffet and the fruit basket is all yours.
Attend at least 2 (tech) conferences per year with your team. That makes us all smarter.
A generous pension allowance with which you can do whatever you want. That way everyone manages it in their own way.
3 times a year a technical evening (with pizza) to learn about all kinds of topics.
Space and support to grow to other positions that you aspire to.
What do you do as a System/Network Administrator at Uptrends?
In your daily work as a system/network administrator you are involved in a broad aspect of the technical infrastructure of the Uptrends network. In addition to performing regular maintenance and updates, you investigate minor and major disruptions in the front-end and back-end of the network. You make an RCA and report it to the involved stakeholder(s). You will also investigate and make proposals to improve and prevent these disruptions.
In addition, you can participate in test projects, collect information for operational support of new product features, and support the support department with technical issues raised by customers.
The Uptrends environment is hosted in two data centers on our own hardware. Management is usually done remotely, but a visit from the data center is sometimes necessary. For our monitoring product we also use more than 250 servers, spread all over the world. We manage these remotely, but the hardware is managed by the provider.
What makes this job interesting?
As a system/network administrator at Uptrends you will have the opportunity to:
- work independently, flexibly and according to one’s own insight,
- thoroughly investigate technical issues,
- handling 2nd and 3rd line incidents,
- take on other tasks in addition to the regular operations work,
- and work from home every Tuesday and Thursday.
Who is our ideal colleague?
- You are an enthusiastic and customer-oriented IT professional who is looking for an informal working environment in which you can learn new things and where you can make an important contribution to the team.
- You have a completed IT education at MBO or HBO level.
- You are enterprising and proactive.
- Broad general knowledge of hosting environments and internet technology.
- Knowledge and experience with firewall and routing configurations.
- Demonstrated experience as a system engineer, system administrator or infrastructure specialist in a Microsoft environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft server 2016 and 2019.
- Knowledge and experience in creating and modifying powershell scripts.
- Administrative experience with Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- In possession of a driving license.
- Experience with monitor systems is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the English language. Dutch is a plus.
- Have a feeling for service and working in a customer-oriented way.
- No 9 to 5 mentality.
- You are available full-time (40 hours a week).
We do not work with recruiters to fill our vacancies.