In this lesson you will learn to define your alerts within the Uptrends application, customizing them to suit the needs of you and your team so you can sit in your command chair and rest easy. Eat your heart out, Picard.
What is an alert definition?
In the last lesson you learned about error conditions, which are the rules that trigger an alert.
An alert definition is the other half of the equation. Alert definitions state how and to whom to send an alert (via escalation levels).
An escalation level contains a series of parameters for alert generation, number of reminders, notification method, and who will receive it.
How to create an alert definition
To configure a custom alert definition (which is more detailed than an error condition):
- Click Alerts on the main menu and select .
- Add an alert definition name.
- Select the Active check box to enable the alert.
- Choose the monitors the alert definition applies to.
- Set up your escalation levels (more on escalations in the next lesson).
- Click the button.