Alerts are a great way of staying in sync with the status of your monitored services, but there are times when you simply don’t want to receive any alerts – namely, when you’re not working! For such a situation, we have created something called Off-duty schedules.
What is an off-duty schedule?
An off-duty schedule is a schedule used to define when an operator is off duty, to ensure that they only receive alerts when they are working. Schedules can be set to occur once, daily, weekly, or monthly.
How to use an off-duty schedule
Adding an off-duty schedule to an operator is quite simple, and can be changed whenever you’d like.
Note that when adding an off-duty schedule the time and date of your main Uptrends account are used. Any date and time of the local computer (where you are editing the off-duty schedule) are ignored. This simplifies things when you are working with operators in different time zones as the off-duty schedules will be based on the Uptrends account time/date only.
- Log into your Uptrends account.
- Navigate to the page, located within the dropdown menu.
- You will see a list of operators found within your account. Select the one you’d like to add an off-duty schedule for.
- Now you’re in the operator settings wizard. Click on the tab labeled Off-duty Schedules.
- You will then see a list of existing off-duty schedules. (If not, click )
- Select the time period you’d like the operator to be listed as unavailable, and click .
- When you’re done, click the button.