A monitor represents the URL, server, or web service being monitored. It is what the Uptrends service checks and monitors for uptime and performance.
A variety of monitor types are available within the Uptrends application, depending on the package you have signed up for. Visit our article on monitor types for a detailed overview of available monitor types.
Do you want to start monitoring your website, web service, or server, but don’t know how to add a monitor?
Follow these steps:
- Log into your Uptrends account. If you don’t have one yet, get a free trial account by signing up for a trial subscription.
- Go to and click the button. Alternatively: Click the + button in the menu .
- In the pop-up dialog Select a monitor type, first select the monitor type and then click the button.
The new monitor is created and you will be in the monitor’s configuration screen.
- Give your monitor a Name.
- Set the Check interval. Your check interval is the time between the end of one check and the start of the next.
- Depending on the monitor type you will have a number of extra tabs with additional monitor settings. Enter or adjust those to your needs.
- When you are satisfied with your monitor configuration, click the button.