How do I filter dashboard data?
There are two different ways in which you can filter your dashboard data: by individual tile (which enables you to see two similar tiles side-by-side, but with different settings), or applying a filter across the entire dashboard.
- To filter universally (across the entire dashboard), first access the dashboard you wish to filter.
- Once you are on the appropriate dashboard, glance at the Quick Action Menu (the menu bar).
You will see a variety of filtering options that change based on the dashboard you are on, including:
- Monitor filtering
This filter comes in handy if you’re looking to only see data for a certain monitor or monitor group.
- Checkpoint filtering
Only displays data output by certain checkpoints.
- Error level filtering This filter enables you to display everything, only unconfirmed/confirmed errors, only confirmed errors or only successful checks (OK results).
- Date/Time filtering
Filter by a specified time frame.
To filter within an individual tile:
- Access the dashboard that contains the tile you wish to filter.
- On the tile in question open the three-dot menu to access the tile settings.
- A pop-up window will appear, containing a series of tabs and configuration options associated with the tile.
These tabs typically include:
The options contained in the Tile tab relate only to the way data is presented in that tile.
Groups and Monitors
The Groups and monitors tab enables you to display data pertaining to the context of the dashboard (typically the default) or to filter it to show data for any series of monitors or monitor groups.
The Period tab enables you to filter the time frame in which to show data, typically set by default to the context of the dashboard.
Go to the menu Checkpoints tab. Select the checkpoint(s) which you need the tile to display check data from, and filter checks performed on specific checkpoints for monitors and monitor groups.. Select a dashboard. Open a tile’s three-dot menu to access the settings. You’ll find the checkpoints selection on the
Checkpoint filters are available for the tile types Simple data list, Simple data chart, Checkpoint data list, Checkpoint data chart, Multicheckpoint list, Multicheckpoint chart, and Monitor log.
Two exceptions apply for checkpoint filters:
- Extra metrics with label ‘FPC & Transactions only’. When one of them is selected on the Tile tab together with a checkpoint filter Uptrends will show a warning.
- When Time grouping Show by hour of day is selected on tab Period and a checkpoint filter is active, a warning will be displayed.