A database monitor type will send you alerts based on response time and connectivity issues. You will find the database server monitor setup similar to setting up an HTTPS monitor type with just a couple special fields. For information about setting up monitors and error conditions, visit the knowledge base. For a database monitor you will need to know:
- Database name,
- Database URL or IP, and optionally
- Database login credentials.
Monitor set up
To set up a database monitor
- Click the + button in the menu .
- Select either Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL under Database Servers in the Type box.
- Type the domain name or IP address for the database server in the Network Address box.
- Complete the other fields on the Main tab.
- Set your expected response times on the Error conditions tab.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Provide a Username and Password if necessary.
- Provide the Database name.
- Choose your checkpoints on the Checkpoints tab.
- Click .