To add a device:
- In the Uptrends app go to the menu .
- Select the agent that should monitor the new device.
- Fill in the Network ID for the device, which is the IP address or network name (such as 10.180.1.1 or MYSERVER) that is used to reach that device through the network.
- Also enter a Name and Short code for the device. This can be anything, it will only show in the dashboards so you can identify the device in the reports and charts. When done, click Next.
- Select the type of device you are adding: this can be anything from a Windows or Linux server or workstation, to a printer or networking device. Click Next.
- Select the roles for the device. Click Next.
- Depending on the device type, default sensors for the device will be suggested. You can accept the defaults or turn them off; you can always change the sensors later.
As soon as you finish the wizard steps, monitoring of your device will start.