With Uptrends it has never been easier to monitor the uptime or performance status of any website, server, or web service. But what if you want to monitor a series of services, and set them up quickly? Enter: Monitor Templates.
What is a Monitor Template?
A Monitor Template is a tool that can be used to add groups of new monitors using similar error conditions, checkpoints, and maintenance window configurations. Think of them as a way of duplicating monitor configurations, rapid-fire.
Why are Monitor Templates useful?
If you are creating a series of monitors that follow the same error condition ruleset, checkpoints for monitoring, or maintenance windows, manual configuration can take quite a lot of time and effort. By using a monitor template, you can minimize the time and effort it takes to add rules to monitors, and get back to what you do best.
How do I create a Monitor Template?
- Log into the Uptrends application.
- Navigate to the page, located in the dropdown menu.
- On the , click the button.
- Now you can set the name of your template, error conditions, checkpoints to monitor from, and maintenance windows.
- When you’re done, click the green button.
You can now apply your saved Monitor Template to any created probe, via thepage.