With Uptrends it has never been easier to monitor the uptime or performance status of any website, server, or web service. But what if you want to monitor a series of services, and set them up quickly? Enter: Monitor templates.
A monitor template is a tool that can be used to add certain settings, like error conditions, checkpoints, and maintenance periods, to groups of monitors. Think of them as a way of duplicating monitor configurations, rapid-fire.
Why are monitor templates useful?
If you are creating a series of monitors that follow the same error condition ruleset, checkpoints for monitoring, or maintenance periods, manual configuration can take quite a lot of time and effort. By using a monitor template, you can minimize the time and effort it takes to add specific settings to monitors, and get back to what you do best.
How do I create a monitor template?
- Go to .
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the button.
- Now you can set the name of your template, error conditions, checkpoints to monitor from, and/or maintenance periods.
- When you’re done, click the green button.
You can now apply your saved monitor template to any existing monitor, via thepage.
Applying a monitor template
To apply a monitor template:
- Go to .
- Find the right monitor template in the list, and click Apply.
- Select the individual monitor(s) or monitor group(s) to which you wish to apply the template.
- Click the button.
This will apply the specified settings to the selected monitor(s)/monitor group(s).