Self-service transactions bring you the capability to manage, write, and modify your transactions scripts yourself. The conversion requires a manual/guided process that involves the help of Support.
Why would I want my transactions converted to self-service transactions?
You might want to convert your existing transaction monitors for many reasons:
- Modify, copy, test, and put your transaction monitors into production mode when doing so is convenient for you.
- Get better insight into what happens in your transaction script.
- Make backups of your scripts.
- Automate your transaction monitoring using the API.
How do I get my transactions converted to self-service transactions?
To get your transactions converted, just open a support ticket. Because conversion is a manual/guided process, we queue your conversion request. Depending on the length of the conversion queue, it may take our transaction engineers some time before they can get to your conversion request. Support will keep you updated about the status of the conversion via the support ticket you opened with your request.
For more complex accounts, an engineer will contact you. The engineer may want to talk with you about:
- How your transactions are structured. E.g., you have multiple (almost) identical scripts?
- The order in which support should convert your transactions.
- How you should go forward after conversion.
Can you convert every transaction?
What can I expect after the conversion process?
Converting your existing transactions does not functionally change your script. Conversion does not change the elements the monitor looks for or how the script interacts with your content.
We’ve changed how your transaction monitors wait for elements to become available. As a result, your transaction should be more resilient to timing sensitive actions and may run a bit faster.
We’ve also made switching to another tab or browser in your script an explicit operation. As a result, you see this activity in the transaction results.
The conversion of your transactions does not
- Interrupt your monitor history. Your logs still go back up to 2 years (depending on your plan).
- Affect your monitor settings such as your checkpoint selection.
How to go forward after conversion
After our transaction engineers complete your conversion, you may want to
- Remove duplicate credentials in your Vault items. We create a set of credentials for each username/password in a transaction, so you may want to have several transactions pointing to the same set of credentials in the vault.
- Test and modify your transactions as you see fit. See our knowledge base article Understanding the step editor to learn more about editing and testing your transactions. Of course, you don’t have to do changes yourself. It is still perfectly OK to ask Uptrends Support for assistance.