When monitoring transactions it can be easy to get lost in the details of all of the data that is being communicated across a web page. To help make this task less daunting, we offer screenshots for transactions.
Why use Transaction Screenshots?
This option is useful when trying to track down a specific error, or if you wish to see what a particular page looked like on a specific time and day. You can decide which steps you’d like a screenshot of, and we will provide the screenshot at the end of that step.
When does Uptrends generate a Screenshot?
We generate a screenshot in the following occassions:
- By default: when an error occurs during a transaction. You don’t have to set anything up, this happens automatically.
- Ad-hoc: When you have activated a Transaction Screenshot in a specific step, after the step completed.
How do I set it up?
- Go to in the top menu, and select the transaction you would like to activate screenshots for.
- In the Steps tab, select the step you want to activate a screenshot for.
- Check the checkbox that says Screenshot, and we’ll generate a screenshot every time the step has been completed.
Where can I find Transaction Screenshots?
Transaction Screenshots are displayed in the Monitor Log (Monitors > Monitor Log). When you click on a specific transaction check, we’ll display the steps that are executed. If a step contains a screenshot, you can click the tiny camera icon to reveal it.