The user interface (UI) of the Uptrends app has been out there for quite some years and it was time for a change.
One of the goals of the new UI is the integration of Uptrends' products Synthetics, RUM and Infra within the same Uptrends app. This becomes obvious in the new side menu and the new dashboard “360-degree overview”, which shows information from the various products. In addition, the UI got an overall fresher look and hubs were added that present related information in one place.
This article will help you to find your way in the new UI of the Uptrends app. Many things have changed, but may not affect the way you work. For example, the dashboards have been restyled for a fresh look. This looks different, but you still find the things you need in the well-known places.
The menu is a different story. It has been totally reworked, positions of menus and even some names have changed. Uptrends recommends checking the Classic vs new menu comparison table and the Menu section to learn more about the changes.
Classic vs new menu
The table below shows how the classic menu maps to the new menu.
|Classic menu||New side menu|
|Monitors > Monitor log||Monitoring > Monitor log|
|Monitors > Monitor status||Monitoring > Status details|
|Monitors > Monitors||Monitoring > Monitor setup|
|Monitors > Monitor groups||Account setup > Monitor groups|
|Monitors > RUM websites||RUM > Real users > RUM websites|
|Monitors > Monitor templates||Account setup > Monitor templates|
|Monitors > Maintenance periods||Account setup > Maintenance periods|
|Dashboards, various dashboards||Dashboards > Browse all|
|Dashboards > Add dashboard||Dashboards > Add new dashboard OR Dashboards > Browse all > Add new dashboard|
|Dashboards > Manage dashboards||Dashboards > Browse all|
|Dashboards > Manage scheduled reports||Account setup > Scheduled reports|
|Dashboards > Manage public status pages||Account setup > Public status pages|
|Alerts > Alert status||Alerting > Current alert status|
|Alerts > Alert log||Alerting > Alert history|
|Alerts > Alert definitions||Alerting > Alert definitions|
|Alerts > Integrations||Alerting > Integrations|
|SLA > SLA overview||Dashboards > Synthetics > SLA overview|
|SLA > SLA definitions||Account setup > SLA definitions|
|Account > all menus||Account setup|
|Apps & Extras > Tools||Tools & apps > Diagnostic tools|
|Apps & Extras > Transaction recorder||Tools & app > Download transaction recorder OR Synthetics > Transactions > Download transaction recorder|
|Apps & Extras > Mobile apps||Tools & apps > Mobile apps|
|Support > all menus||Support|
|Unconfirmed/confirmed error counter (top right)||Badges (yellow or red with counter), right to Synthetics, RUM, and Infra in the menu|
|User account (name), top right with classic menu||User account (name), bottom of the side menu|
Changes in the UI
The following improvements are part of the new UI:
- Side menu, check out the Menu section for the details
- Hubs, a new way of presenting you with nutshell information on the actual monitoring situation, some background info, and links to further reading.
- Dashboard overview ( ), including thumbnail views, that allows you to browse and search all Synthetics, Infra, RUM, and 360 dashboards.
- Option to mark dashboards as favorite by clicking the button (star) at the top right of the dashboard while the dashboard is visible
- Favorites section in the Dashboard menu to quickly access dashboards marked as favorite
- Search option to search through all menu items and many Uptrends items
- Dedicated sections in the Synthetics menu for transactions, browser, API, and uptime monitors
- Gear icons of the dashboard tiles were changed to three-dot menu icons
- Feedback option (in the Support menu) for sending quick feedback
Please visit the page User interface for a detailed description of the user interface parts.
Changes in the menu
The following changes have been implemented in the new menu:
- While the classic menu is located at the top, the new one is located at the side.
- The three main products Uptrends Synthetics, Uptrends Real User Monitoring, and Uptrends Infra are accessible in one menu.
- Within Synthetics, there are dedicated sections for the main monitor types: Transactions, Browser-based monitors (Full Page Checks), API monitors and Uptime monitors (HTTP(S), SSL, DNS, SMTP, Ping, etc.)
- You can collapse and expand the menu, giving more (or less) space to dashboards. Optionally, you can pin the menu.
- The favorite dashboards show up as quick links in the menu.
- A search feature for menu entries and many Uptrends app items is available at the top of the side menu.
- The grouping of menu items and their menu names have changed. Please check the menu mapping table Classic vs new menu.