The server and website monitoring tool
The most rich feature set in the industry
that works right out of the box.
- Global Network
- Website Monitoring
- Web Application Monitoring
- Performance Monitoring
- Real Browser Monitoring
- Third Party Monitoring
- Server Monitoring
- Security Monitoring
- SLA Monitoring
- API & Export Data
- Dashboard Technology
- Notifications & Alerting
- Escalation & Maintenance
- Free Mobile Apps
- End User's Perspective
- Error Analysis
- No software
- Free Online Tools
Monitor website uptime from the end-user perspective from 135 locations worldwide.
HTTP check or Real browser
You can monitor your website based on a regular HTTP check or a real browser.
Snapshots of errors
Uptrends takes snapshots of errors, exactly as your visitors experience them.
Monitor HTTP, HTTPS, web services (SOAP) or client certificates.
- A monitoring frequency of 1 - 60 minutes (depending on your Uptrends edition)
- Monitor secured and unsecured URLs
- HTTP login
- Content match for each page
- Timestamp Checks: Verify that a specific date and/or time in webpage content is not older than x minutes
- Real browser monitoring available
- Full-page check
- Monitor multiple pages
- Monitor from the end-user perspective
- Enter custom HTTP request headers
- HTTP Host Headers: Test individual servers in a web cluster
- Test SOAP web services: Post SOAP envelopes and verify the correct response
- Generate dynamic date values in URLs or HTTP request content
- Cache busting: Use a random value as part of your URL
Our web application monitoring service is based on a real browser, so it simulates real visitors, users and customers while monitoring every step of a transaction.
Monitor multiple steps
Monitor multiple steps such as forms, logins, shopping baskets and more on your website.
Click and navigate through your site, simulating the actions of your site visitors. We record every click, selection and any text you type. Upload the transaction to your account.
Load time of each step
You will have access to detailed dashboards that are designed to give you insight on the load time of the complete transactions as well as each individual step of a transaction.
- Web Application Monitoring with a real browser
- Monitoring frequency of 1 - 60 minutes
- Ability to monitor unlimited steps
- Log in, click on links, fill in forms, perform content checks
- Fill in date-dependent values and search for dynamic keywords
- Transaction Recorder: Quickly record and upload transactions to your account. This powerful tool lets you capture all the actions performed in a browser... and it is free!
- The Transaction Recorder supports AJAX-enabled websites
- Divide the transaction into steps, giving each step a name
- Save the recording for future editing
- View the load time of each step in the Uptrends reports
- Receive alerts when a transaction step is slow or malfunctioning
- Detect performance issues
- Monitor secure sites, too
- Cache/hide cookies
- Select as many checkpoints as you want, without added fees
Monitor uptime, errors and load time (in detail) with a real browser, exactly the way your visitors experience each element of your webpage.
The report shows the load times of all elements in an easy-to-read visual format. It helps you maximize the speed of your site by pinpointing areas where performance should be improved.
Third-party content monitoring
Use the website performance monitoring service to optimize load time and reduce issues of third-party elements such as ads, analytics and social-media scripts.
We divide all underlying elements of your website into domain groups and distinguish them between first- and third-party elements, such as First Party, CDN, Social, Statistics, Ads etc.
- Web Performance Monitoring with a genuine browser: The timing of each element is exactly as it happens in your browser!
- Monitor with a frequency of 1 - 60 minutes.
- Monitor each element of the HTML page, including style sheets, images, and first- and third-party scripts.
- Waterfall chart: All elements embedded in a page to help analyze the performance of your website and show you which element slows down your page.
- Check for the maximum size (in bytes) of the entire page, including all downloaded page elements.
- Check for the maximum size (in bytes) for a single page element (e.g., script, image or style sheet).
- Load time limits for the entire page
- Check for errors on page elements (e.g. missing images)
- Generate errors when failure occurs with a certain percentage of page elements. For example: give an alert when at least 10% of the page's elements fail.
- The ability to ignore errors for elements that come from external websites, for example, an external web analytics or ad server script
- Include/exclude third-party content
- Precise measurements per element: Resolve time, TCP Connection time, HTTPS handshake time, Send time, Wait time, Receive time
- HTTP request and response headers for each element in the waterfall let you verify that the CDN-server that was used is at the expected location
- The interactive filter inspects specific sets of files, detect duplicates and unexpected number of files or file sizes
- Interactive tooltips: Hover over each row in the waterfall to see detailed measurement data per element
Agent based server monitoring
To monitor within your network, we perform the checks on one of your servers, and push the results back to our servers. This involves running our agent software: a small satellite application. It can run on either a Windows or Linux server.
Monitor every device
You can monitor every device in your network such as Windows Server, Linux Server (Debian, CentOS and Ubuntu) or routers, PCs, printers, CPU, bandwith, memory, disk space etc.
Use SNMP monitoring, ping, connect, HTTP or performance counters (Windows and Linux) to monitor every element of your network.
All communication takes place over secure connections using HTTPS traffic. Perhaps the most important aspect of keeping your environment and data safe is that we encrypt your passwords in such a way that they can only be used by you.
Outside the firewall
Uptrends will monitor your server externally from outside your firewall, ensuring the reliability of your server. To monitor your server, you can use an unrestricted number of user-defined checkpoints from our global monitoring network.
Different server protocols
The Uptrends server monitoring service makes it possible to monitor a variety of different protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, connect, ping, SMTP, POP3, FTP, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Webservice HTTP, Webservice HTTPS and DNS.
Mail server protocols
You can monitor your e-mail server with our POP3 and SMTP protocols. This way, the availability of your e-mail server is ensured.
We offer advanced checks such as advanced DNS monitoring where you can perform DNS health checks to be sure your DNS servers are always working properly. We also offer FTP monitoring and SSL certificate monitoring.
- Server Monitoring: Monitor with a frequency of 1 - 60 minutes (depending on your Uptrends edition)
- Web services: Webservice HTTP, webservice HTTPS
- Mail servers: SMTP, POP3
- Database servers: Microsoft SQL server, MySQL
- Advanced checks: DNS, FTP
- Network checks: Ping, Connect
- User name/password authentication on all applicable protocols
The most common item you might want to verify is whether your domain name is still pointing to the IP address of your web server. By monitoring this DNS query directly, we will detect any DNS problems before your website becomes unavailable to visitors and customers.
DNS health checks
Uptrends' DNS probe lets you conduct extensive DNS health checks. For example, you can verify your website domain names (A and CNAME records), mail-server domain name mappings (MX records), DNS zone delegates (NS records), authoritative information about DNS zones (SOA records) and other DNS information.
SSL certificate expiration
The SSL certificate probe type lets you define how many days in advance that you want to receive an alert prior to your SSL certificates' expiration date. This ensures that you will have enough time to renew it. If the certificate expires, Uptrends will send you an alert when we detect the expiration of your SSL certificate.
SSL certificate fingerprints
Uptrends will check for a number of properties that should have fixed values in the certificate, including the organization name, serial number, issuer name, etc. If one of these properties is different, Uptrends will alert you immediately.
As part of your Uptrends account, you will have access to dozens of detailed reports. You can use them to optimize the performance, and you can drill down for even greater detail. We take snapshots of real errors, exactly what your visitors will see when there is an error.
Uptrends makes it easy to create personalized dashboards and define how you want to see them. We designed Uptrends to give you total control over your dashboards. Utilize our flexible, easy-to-use interface and personalize the data you track at the end-user level.
Share data with your team members or customers. Export data or schedule recurring, tailor-made e-mail reports. Use the API to transfer data to your own environment.
Optimized for PC, tablet and phone
Our monitoring service can be optimized for use on a PC, tablet or smartphone. Wherever you are—from the office to the beach—Uptrends delivers access and helps optimize your network, server or website performance.
- Use our default reports or create your own personalized dashboards with drag-and-drop ease
- Drag and drop each element of your dashboards through an intuitive interface. Switch from tables to sophisticated data visualization in a single click.
- Real-time updates, dashboards refresh automatically. There's no lag between what you're seeing and what's actually happening within our server and website monitoring tool.
- Beautiful, interactive charts let you zoom in on your data and drill down to the details of any outage
- Keep an eye on your websites and servers wherever you are: Uptrends is optimized for your tablet to XXL monitor
- Share data with your team members or customers. Export data to PDF or Excel or schedule recurring tailor made e-mail reports. Use the API to transfer data to your own environment.
- View reports in standard or specific time periods
- Statistical data is retained for at least two years
- An error occurrence automatically triggers a traceroute
- Immediately view the HTML result of an error
- View snapshots of errors
- Consultancy Reports: Generate on-the-fly PDF reports for your customers, containing fixed sets of reports. Customize the titles, footer text, language and time period… even customer logos!
Receive SMS and e-mail alerts
Receive SMS alerts on your mobile phone in the event of a failure. Because we always double-check from two different monitoring locations, you will never get a false alert.
iPhone, Android, Windows apps
Get the benefit of 24/7 access to all your website performance and server data. Download our free iPhone, Android or Windows Phone app to easily manage your settings and receive instant push notifications.
Escalation levels and Maintenance
Uptrends makes it easy to define escalation and alert settings. Configure rules and settings on individual or group level, define who should receive an alert and when and add maintenance windows.
Add unlimited users
Uptrends' multi-user feature enables operations teams to share a common monitoring solution without having to share a common login. Different users can have role-based views that are filtered or partitioned according to their interests or responsibilities.
- Define time-out and performance thresholds
- Different gateways in each continent for issuance of SMS alerts
- No false alerts: Errors are cross-checked from a second checkpoint
- Receive alerts whenever the website or server is down
- Receive alerts when a website page, transaction step is slow
- Verify the absence/presence of content on a page
- Add unlimited contact people
- Create operator groups
- Define alerts and escalation levels, who should be alerted and when
- Schedule maintenance
- Receive an "OK" message alert when the site/server is up again
- Specify extra e-mail addresses (non-users) to which copies of alerts will be sent
Monitor website uptime from the end-user perspective from 135 locations worldwide. Location is everything. Your visitors are everywhere, so your testing network should be too.
The end-user perspective
You can monitor your website based on a regular HTTP check or a real browser. Experience what your customers and users do by monitoring your websites from the same locations they are accessing them from.
Checkpoints on every continent
Uptrends has checkpoints on every continent. Go global and keep tabs on your site from the same location where your customers access it.
Our Backbone nodes are located in Tier 1 datacenters and ISPs. Monitoring from Backbone nodes reduces noise in data and prevents data pollution.
Use our free website performance tool to monitor each element of your webpage and optimize website speed. See which images and scripts slow down your webpage. You can monitor it from different locations worldwide and even check third-party content.
Website uptime check
Uptrends makes it easy to analyze the uptime and performance of your website from different locations worldwide. You can see whether your website is available, and you will know how much time is needed to connect and access the website.
Perform a free traceroute to your website from cities and countries around the world. This can help identify the routing problems or firewalls that may prevent customer access to your site.
Verify the DNS performance of your website by checking it from cities and countries around the world. This is vitally important, because the DNS (Domain Name System) is one of the most important services on the Internet.
Ensure high standards
Measure SLA compliance and take action to ensure your online reputation.
Online and e-mail reports
Send customers online and e-mail reports on SLA performance.
Set multiple (and unlimited) SLA settings with individual SLA goals, and activate them for specific days and times.
SLA per customer
Create a unique login for each customer, who can then access the SLA reports.