Receive website monitoring alerts in Slack.
Uptrends' integration option with Slack can send alerting messages to a Slack channel. Setting up the integration requires you to take two steps:
- Setting up the integration in Uptrends
- Adding the integration to an alert definition in Uptrends
Curious to see what you'll get when this integration has been set up? Below, you see an example of how the integration looks like in a Slack channel. Read on for detailed instructions on how to set it up!
1. Setting up the integration in Uptrends
The integrations feature in Uptrends can be accessed from the top menu.
- Click on in the top menu and then on in the dropdown menu.
- This will open the Integrations panel, containing the integrations which have been defined in Uptrends. Initially this panel will be empty.
- You can define a new integration by clicking on the button in the top right corner of this panel. This will open the following form:
- Select to create a Slack integration.
- Click on the Slack button, to start the process of retrieving the relevant integration information. This process entails giving Uptrends permission to post alerts to a Slack account.
- After granting this permission, you will return to Uptrends to complete the integration definition.
- To complete the definition, you need to enter a name for this integration and click on the button in the lower left corner. After saving you will return to the integrations panel, which will contain your newly created integration definition.
- You can click on this integration to open it in a page for editing purposes. You can change the name of the integration, deactivate it, or delete it if the integration is not in use by any alert definition:
2. Adding the integration to an alert definition in Uptrends
An integration definition on its own does nothing. You need to attach it to one or more escalation levels in order to receive alerts through it.
- In order to attach an integration definition to an escalation level, navigate to the desired alert definition and escalation level in Uptrends.
- Each Escalation level tab contains an element called .
- Select the integration definition that you would like to attach to this escalation level from the dropdown list and click the button . The escalation level tab will update to show the attached integration definition.
- Make sure to hit the button to save your changes.
And that's it! You've successfully set up the Slack integration.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to our support team.